Auto Accident Lawyer New York, NY
If you were involved in a car accident, consider speaking to an auto accident lawyer New York, NY trusts from Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C. Our lawyers have years of experience helping auto accidents victims. We know that these accidents can be difficult for injured victims, especially if another driver was responsible for the accident.
Auto accidents happen every day in New York, and many of them are caused by negligent drivers. While many accidents result in only minor injuries, there are some unfortunate accidents that cause catastrophic injuries and even fatalities. This is when to turn to the auto accident lawyer New York NY trusts with their auto accident cases.
At Okun, Oddo & Babat, in Midtown Manhattan and White Plains, our experienced personal injury trial attorneys represent seriously injured auto accident victims and their families. For a free consultation with an attentive auto accident lawyer New York NY residents rely on, contact us or call us at 212.642.0950 today. You will pay nothing unless we win your case.
Representing Clients in All Types of Cases
Our New York auto accident lawyers handle cases involving a wide range of auto accident circumstances, including but not limited to:
- Car accidents: If you’ve been seriously injured in an automobile accident, calling upon the auto accident lawyer New York NY trusts can help recover monetary damages for your personal injury, medical bills, lost wages and property damage.
- Truck accidents / Tractor Trailer: Tractor-trailer truck accidents often cause extremely serious injuries, which is why truckers and trucking companies are held to higher legal standards.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycles provide much less protection than passenger vehicles provide. This places motorcyclists in a much greater risk for sustaining injuries during a collision.
- Bicycle accidents: In New York, bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as all other drivers. If you’ve been seriously injured while riding a bicycle, call us today.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians almost always have the right of way when there is a vehicle involved.
- Drunk driver accidents: It is illegal to drive while intoxicated or while under the influence of an illegal substance. Drunk drivers may be held responsible for their actions in criminal court, and also in civil court if they caused harm to another person.
- Subway and public transportation accidents: Whether you’ve been hit by a public transportation vehicle or injured while riding one, you may be entitled to damages. Uninsured and underinsured motorists: If you were injured by a hit-and-run, uninsured or underinsured driver, your insurance company may owe you compensation.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists: If you were injured by a hit-and-run, uninsured or underinsured driver, your insurance company may owe you compensation.
- Auto product defects: Our attorneys represent victims of vehicle rollovers, tire defects, seatbelt defects, motorcycle equipment defects and other auto product defects
- Boating accidents: If you bring a claim for a boating accident, the other side may try to claim that you assumed the risk of an injury. We are experienced at handling this issue.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injuries
Car accidents occur every day and can cause many types of injuries. Some of these injuries are fairly minor while others are severe and require extensive treatment. Here are common types of auto accident injuries an auto accident lawyer in New York, NY may see:
- Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries can result when people hit their heads against dashboards, windows or steering wheels during car crashes. Even the force of an airbag can be strong enough to lead to a concussion. If a head injury is severe enough, it may require surgery or lead to permanent damage.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is one of the most common car accident injuries an auto accident lawyer New York, NY respects may encounter. When the head or neck moves suddenly during a car accident, it can lead to muscle and ligament damage in the neck. This is called whiplash. The symptoms could actually take days to appear.
- Broken Bones: During a car accident, it’s common for the jarring movements of the car to result in broken bones, particularly in the limbs and torso.
- Chest Injuries: It is also common for people to suffer chest injuries during car accidents. The blunt force of a car accident can result in broken ribs, collapsed lungs and internal bleeding in the chest.
How Much Is My Auto Accident Case Worth?
The dollar amount value of your car accident case can depend on many different factors, such as the cost of your medical bills, the extent of your injuries, lost wages, damage to your vehicle, and your overall pain and suffering. If you sit down with an auto accident lawyer New York, NY counts on, he or she can review your case and determine what damages you might claim. Each case is unique and it’s important to keep in mind that the factors affecting your claim may be very different from other auto accident claims.
Contact an Auto Accident Lawyer New York, NY
If you want to increase your chances of getting fair compensation for your injuries, it may be in your best interest to work with an experienced New York auto accident lawyer. He or she can help you gather all the evidence you need and develop a strong argument against the defendant. An auto accident lawyer New York, NY relies on also has experience dealing with insurance companies and may take over all communications with the insurer for you.
At Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C., we understand how much an auto accident can change your life. That is why we want to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. We offer free initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose by setting up a meeting with one of us.
If you’ve been injured in any type of auto accident, do not wait to hire legal representation for your car accident case. Contact the auto accident lawyers New York NY relies upon, or call us at 212.642.0950 to learn more about your rights under New York personal injury law and the steps we can take to protect those rights.