Holding Property Owners Accountable for Injuries
Owning property means taking responsibility for the safety of the people you invite onto your property. Whether you were injured at a retail store or any other commercial, residential or other premises, the property owner may be liable for your injuries.
At the law firm of Okun, Oddo & Babat, in Midtown Manhattan, our experienced personal injury trial lawyers represent seriously injured people and the families of those who have died in accidents caused by a property owners’ negligence.
Contact us or call us at 212.642.0950 today for a free consultation with a knowledgeable, respected premises liability attorney. You will not pay anything unless we win your case.
Experienced With All Types of Premises Liability Circumstances
Under New York State premises liability law, property owners owe different levels of responsibility depending on the type of premises they operate and the extent to which they have invited or allowed people to enter. Our attorneys are experienced at handling cases involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
Commercial, residential, governmental and industrial property owners can all be held liable when their negligence causes people to slip and fall.
- Construction site injuries
Both workers and passersby are entitled to bring personal injury claims for construction accidents caused by a property owner’s negligence.
- Scaffolding and ladder falls When property owners have control over the placement of scaffolds and ladders, they have a duty to try to avoid accidents.
- Elevator Accident Safety is rarely an issue, however, elevators in New York City buildings can be responsible for serious personal injuries.
- Negligent Security Have you been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a violent attack on someone else’s property?
- Electrical injuries If you’ve been electrocuted due to exposed wiring or fallen power lines on someone else’s property, the owner may be liable.
- Ceiling Fall Downs, Lead Paint, Dangerous Stairs…
If you believe a property owner’s negligence was responsible for your serious injuries, don’t hesitate to contact us or call us at 212.642.0950 to discuss the possibility of a premises liability lawsuit.