If you have suffered a major injury because of another person’s carelessness, you may want to consult with a personal injury lawyer New York, NY trusts, such as one from Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C. Our lawyers have extensive experience in several areas of personal injury law and we want to help you. With an experienced lawyer by by your side, you may have a better chance of obtaining maximum compensation for your injury.
A personal injury claim is a type of lawsuit that’s filed by a person who has been injured because of someone else’s negligence. In order to win a personal injury lawsuit, your personal injury lawyer in New York, NY must prove that the defendant breached his or her legal duty to keep you safe. For example, drivers have a responsibility of obeying all the rules of the road to keep other drivers and their passengers safe. Business and property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe so that people don’t slip and fall.
If your personal injury lawyer New York, NY depends on can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did in fact breach a legal duty of care, the court may award you monetary compensation. The money may be used to recover the losses you suffered from the injury, such as medical bills and lost wages. Depending on your damages, you may be eligible for additional compensation.
While you can file a personal injury claim on your own, you may have more success if you work with an experienced personal injury lawyer from Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C. Here are some of the numerous benefits of working with a skilled lawyer:
- Higher Compensation:A New York personal injury lawyer may be able to help you receive a higher compensation amount from your lawsuit than you could on your own. He or she can assess the approximate worth of your injury and negotiate with the defendant’s insurance company to ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Reduced Stress: Dealing with a personal injury may lead to a great deal of stress. A personal injury lawyer can take away some of that stress by handling every aspect of the lawsuit on your behalf, including communicating directly with insurance companies.
- Representation in Court: Walking into a courtroom by yourself can be quite intimidating. You might get nervous, say the wrong thing, and possibly jeopardize your case. If you have an experienced personal injury lawyer New York, NY respects on your side, he or she can prepare you for the legal process and help you feel less anxious. You will also not have to worry about whether or not you are correctly following all of the necessary and sometimes perplexing legal requirements.
- Faster Resolution: When you hire a personal injury lawyer New York, NY turns to for representation in cases similar to yours, you’re more likely to see a faster resolution of your case. This is because the attorney will have a full understanding of what is necessary to build a strong case and the evidence needed to secure a positive outcome. When a personal injury victim takes on the tremendous task of representing himself or herself, it is all too common for them to be overwhelmed by the legal system. Though they may very well deserve compensation from the at-fault lawyer, without adequate legal representation they may not see it. This underscores the importance of hiring a personal injury lawyer New York, NY victims call after sustaining a serious injury.
- Settlement Negotiation: Many clients choose Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C. Attorneys at Law because they want a personal injury lawyer New York, NY residents trust. A skilled attorney can often negotiate a settlement on your behalf that is measurably better than a jury award which is never a sure thing. Another benefit to reaching a settlement is that it avoids the need for a trial, which can be time-consuming, stressful, and expensive.
Not every personal injury lawyer New York, NY offers is willing or able to prepare a personal injury case sufficient to win in court. They may be overworked, understaffed, or simply focused too hard on negotiating a settlement that will never be fair to their client. At Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C., we make every effort to recover the maximum possible settlement for our clients, but we also prepare our cases for litigation. This often motivates insurance companies to avoid court and agree to a fair settlement. We are proud to have earned the reputation that any personal injury lawyer New York, NY client would want their attorney to have, which is one of excellence.
Personal injury claims must be filed within the statute of limitations time period. To verify if your case is still within the eligibility period, contact a personal injury lawyer in New York, NY from Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C. Because it can take time to prepare a case for filing a personal injury claim or a lawsuit, it’s important to begin the process as soon as possible. If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, contact us for a free consultation. Time is of the essence so do not delay.
At Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C., you can speak with a personal injury lawyer New York, NY counts on for no charge. He or she may carefully listen to everything you have to say. We want to help you build a strong defense and obtain the compensation you deserve.