What should a person do after being involved in a car accident?
Car accidents are one of the most common personal injury cases a personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY trusts deals with. At Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C., we know just how prevalent these types of accidents are. If you were involved in a car accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your losses. However, in order to do that, there are several steps you must take immediately following the accident, including:
- Call the Police: If a car accident resulted in injuries or vehicle damages, it’s important to contact the police and ask them to come to the accident scene. They are required to write a police report, which includes important details about that accident, like where it happened and if anyone got hurt. Remember to ask the police for a copy of this report and give to your personal injury lawyer in Midtown, NY. The report may serve as evidence in your case.
- Take Photos: Photos of the accident scene are also evidence your personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY respects may use to prove your case. With your cell phone camera, try to take photos of any damage to your vehicle, skid marks on the road, and your injuries.
- Talk to Witnesses: People who witnessed the car accident may testify on your behalf in court, so make sure to talk to them if you are able. Ask them for their names and contact information. Your personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY relies on may contact these witnesses later and have them give an account of what they saw during the accident.
- Get Medical Attention: If you were injured during the car accident, it’s important to see a doctor as soon as possible. A doctor can carefully examine your injuries and determine the appropriate treatment. Delaying medical attention can put your health at risk and make it more difficult to prove that your injuries resulted from the car accident.
- Keep Track of Your Medical Treatments: It’s important to keep a detailed account of all the medical treatments you receive for your injuries. Ask your doctors, physical therapists, and other medical professionals who treated you for copies of medical reports and bills. These documents may help a Midtown personal injury lawyer prove your medical expenses.
- Hire a Lawyer: Handling a car accident lawsuit on your own can be difficult and stressful. There’s a lot of paperwork to deal with and insurance adjusters may try to take advantage of you. A personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY depends on may help you through the entire process and address any questions and concerns you have on the way. With an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side, you may improve your chances of receiving fair compensation.
For more information, or to schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY offers, contact Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C.
What Can I Expect From a Personal Injury Case?
Have you recently been injured and believe someone else should be held liable for their actions? Are you unsure of what may lie ahead? Anticipating what to expect when facing a personal injury case can be nearly impossible for an accident victim to predict. However, a personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY may help in providing you with a plan to tackle your accident case. You can expect attorneys like Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C. to provide you with the support and counsel you may be in need of:
Build a Case with Strong Evidence
Accident victims likely are unaware of all that is needed in order to pursue a personal injury case. There are key elements personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY can help you prove when building your case. In order to pursue a personal injury claim, we will review your case to determine that the following are present:
- Duty of Care
- Breach of Duty of Care
Once these are established, we will work to help you build the necessary evidence to link them together. Evidence can include:
- Police Reports
- Accident Reports
- Photographs of injuries
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Witness Statements
- Your Personal Statement
- Medical Documentation
- Proof of Expenses that resulted from the accident
We will never take on a case that we are unable to give our full attention to. Victims who are facing an accident can be feeling confused, overwhelmed, and stressed. We will always take your call and provide you with regular case updates. It’s not uncommon for you to be feeling anxious over the process. Allow for us to put your mind at ease by making ourselves available to you in mapping out a clear strategy and answering any questions you may have.
Facing a case without an experiencing personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY can not only be confusing, it can be difficult when it comes to negotiating with the defendant’s insurance company. We can help to advise you regarding how best to negotiate your settlement. Once you have received the initial offer from the insurance adjuster, we may be instrumental in carefully putting our skills to use. If we are unable to secure a settlement that is fair, we will work with you to determine if pursuing a lawsuit is in your best interest.
Our Honest Opinion
The attorneys of Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C. will always be upfront with you when it comes to your case. You will always know where your case stands as we present you with offers and provide you with our honest assessment of how best to proceed. Not only are we compassionate to your situation, we will be clear with you when making decisions surrounding your case.
We come with experience in managing personal injury cases, making the process of navigating the complexities to your case less troublesome. Even the strongest and most straightforward cases can be difficult for an accident victim to navigate. A personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY can help you face your case in a manner that reduces stress and provides you with a clear way of moving forward.
It can be difficult to know where to turn in the period following a personal injury. Allow for Okun, Oddo & Babat, P.C. to consult with you over the details to your case to help you in putting your best foot forward. Contact us today to speak with a personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY.