Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit
A personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY clients trust knows that truck accidents occur every day in the U.S. and often result in severe injuries and fatalities. If you were hurt in a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation. A Midtown personal injury lawyer from Okun, Oddo & Babat will guide you through the claim process and ensure your rights are protected. What happened to you was not fair and you deserve justice for that.
Important Evidence in a Truck Accident Claim
In order to prove your truck accident claim, a personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY residents go to will gather as much evidence as possible. The evidence should show that your injuries are a direct result from the crash and that the truck driver was at fault. Here are some important pieces of evidence you may want to have:
- Police Report: The report the police took after the truck accident should provide important information about the crash, such as where it happened, who was involved and how it was caused. Be sure to get a copy of this report.
- Photos: Photos can say a lot. Do not forget to take clear pictures of the damage to your vehicle, the truck that hit you and any traffic signs. If you are not physically able to take photos, have a bystander do it for you.
- Medical Records: It is critical to see a doctor immediately after the truck accident. He or she will examine your injuries and recommend the best treatments. Ask your doctor for copies of these medical records so that you can show the court that you were truly injured. Your personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY families turn to will use them as part of your case.
- Witness Statements: If there were other people around when the truck accident occurred, you’ll definitely want to obtain their names and contact information. They may be able to tell the court what they saw.
Damages Available in a Truck Accident Claim
If you were in a truck accident, you may be able to sue for various damages, including:
- Medical Bills: A truck accident settlement may likely cover all of your medical bills, include doctor’s visits, surgery and medications. Remember to keep copies of all your medical bills for your records.
- Lost Wages: If the injuries that resulted from the truck accident caused you to miss time from work, you may be able to recover lost wages in your lawsuit.
- Pain and Suffering: Sometimes personal injuries can lead to physical or emotional suffering. For example, if your pain is so bad that you can’t sleep at night, you may be able to claim pain and suffering damages in your lawsuit.
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer Midtown, NY Victims Recommend
If you want to file a lawsuit against the truck driver who hit you, contact a personal injury lawyer in Midtown, NY from Okun, Oddo & Babat. We understand how devastating it can be to get hurt in an accident and want to help you get justice. Our personal lawyers are knowledgeable and experienced and do what it takes to help their clients.
If you would like to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer Midtown, NY provides, we encourage you to call us today.